3M 1860 N-95 Medical Grade Respirator & Fit Test:
Course Code RESPN-01:
A respirator fit test consists of several exercises designed to ensure the respirator/face seal during which the participant puts on the respirator to be tested.
A proper fit test is conducted with the appropriate testing apparatus, conducted only by approved and qualified Fit Testers. If you have received improper fit testing you can be exposed to disease, viruses etc.
Fit Testing Frequency:
Respirator fit testing must be done prior to using a mask on the job. The fit test is valid until there are any noticeable changes to the facial features of the user. This may include major dental work, facial scarring, a visible change in weight or facial surgery. The fit test is only valid for the particular make, model, and size of the respirator tested.
N95 Medical Grade Respirator Fit Test Sequence:
- Properly fit the mask to the participant.
- Ensure the bridge piece is secured to the contour of the participants facial features.
- Test Solution is then sprayed in the Test hood donned by the participant.
- A series of exercises is completed to ensure the fit test is successful.
Records of Training:
1. Documented participation and verifying objectives
2. Electronic copy of participant training records sent to the employer
Note* Re Certification will be required if there is any change in physical attributes and mask model, brand, size changes.