Respirator Fit Test
Course Code: RESPH-01
A respirator fit test consists of several exercises designed to ensure the respirator/face seal during which the participant puts on the respirator to be tested.
Fit Testing Frequency
Respirator fit testing must be done prior to using a mask on the job. The fit test is valid until there are any noticeable changes to the facial features of the user. This may include major dental work, facial scarring, a visible change in weight or facial surgery. The fit test is only valid for the particular make, model, and size of the respirator tested.
Half Face Mask Fit Test Sequence:
Records of Training:
- A negative and positive fit test is performed to ensure a proper seal.
- Test Solution is then sprayed in the Test hood donned by the participant.
- A series of exercises is completed to ensure the fit test is successful.
1. Documented participation and verifying objectives
2. Registered Participant Training Card
3. Electronic copy of participant training records sent to the employer
4. Certificate applies to respirator tested at time of Fit Test
Note* Re Certification will be required if there is any change in physical attributes and mask model, brand, size changes.