Lock Out & Tag Out:
This course is designed in compliance with CSA Z460-13 “Control of Hazardous Energy – Lockout and Other Methods” , to provide participants with an understanding of the different forms of hazardous energy, the applicable regulations and the required steps to be taken as per the CSA standard. LOTO-01 will inform participants of the responsibilities for Lock Out and Tag Out, when it is required, workplace policies and how LOTO protects workers.
Participants will develop an understanding of Lock Out and Tag Out through a variety of training methods including case studies and videos. Participants will be knowledgeable on the applicable regulations, hazards that can be avoided with the use of lockout and tagging, the forms of energy and the safe work procedures to be used when performing related work.
Training Modules Include:
1. What is Lockout & Tagging?
2. Forms of Energy
3. Legislative Requirements
4. CSA Standard Z460-13
5. Safe Work Procedures
6. Planning for Lockout and Tagging
7. Lockout Devices
8. Documentation and Tagging
Participants will be evaluated over the course of the training through class participation/discussion, group work and a final written evaluation. The written evaluation is completed at the end of the course, participants must receive 75% to be successful.
Record of Training:
1. Documented participation and verifying objectives
2. Registered Participant Training Card
3. Electronic copy of participant training records sent to the employer
4. Certification is valid for three years from date of issue