Certified Superload Escort Program (CSEP-01):
As of July 2018, Certified Superload Escorts have now replaced the key roles and responsibilities which were previously carried out by the Police to control movement of Superloads safely, with minimal traffic disruption. The Ontario Certified Superload Escort Program allows private escorts to become trained and certified to escort superloads.
Certified Superload Escorts are provided with specific traffic control authority under The Highway Traffic Act, to assist in ensuring that superloads arrive at their destination safely. In order to obtain the CSEP certification, candidates must be able to demonstrate that they have successfully completed an approved CSEP certification course and achieved a score of 80% or higher on the examination.
Candidates must meet a specific criteria to participate in the Certified Superload Escort Program certification course, please review the “Eligibility” section below for a full list of requirements. The Ministry of Transportation will issue the certificate for Certified Superload Escorts, the certification has a validation period of five years. Upon expiry, the candidate must retake the training course to renew their certification.
Eligible candidates must provide proof of the following upon arrival to the course:
- Valid Ontario Class G or higher driver’s license
- Current Drivers Abstract with 6 Demerit Points or Less.
- Proof of successful completion of an approved Ontario Traffic Manual O.T.M. Book 7 (Temporary Conditions) training course
- Documented proof of at least two years’ experience or equivalent in the movement of overweight/oversize loads.
- Achieve a passing mark of 80% on the exam.
- Duration of Course is 2 Days In Class Training