Certified Superload Escort Program (CSEP)
Course Code: CSEP-01
Course Length: 2 Days (18.5 Hours)
Course Time: 8:00 AM-5:00 PM
Course Cost: $599.99+HST/participant
Wed. January 9-
Thurs. January 10
Wed. January 16-
Thurs. January 17
Wed. January 23-
Thurs. January 24
Wed. January 30-
Thurs. January 31
Wed. February 6-
Thurs. February 7
Wed. February 13–
Thurs. February 14
As of July 2018, Certified Superload Escorts have now replaced the key roles and responsibilities which were previously carried out by the Police to control movement of Superloads safely, with minimal traffic disruption. The Ontario Certified Superload Escort Program allows private escorts to become trained and certified to escort superloads.
Certified Superload Escorts are provided with specific traffic control authority under The Highway Traffic Act, to assist in ensuring that superloads arrive at their destination safely. In order to obtain the CSEP certification, candidates must be able to demonstrate that they have successfully completed an approved CSEP certification course and achieved a score of 80% or higher on the examination.
Candidates must meet a specific criteria to partake in the CSEP certification course, please review the “Eligibility” section below for a full list of requirements. The Ministry of Transportation will issue the certificate for Certified Superload Escorts, the certification has a validation period of five years. Upon expiry, the candidate must retake the training course to renew their certification.
Candidates for the CSEP Certification are subject to the following eligibility requirements:
Drivers License Requirements
- Valid Ontario Drivers License: Class G or Higher
- Or equivalent from another jurisdiction
- Drivers license must be valid for at least four years
- Drivers Abstract
- Showing a record of compliance with highway traffic laws and any rules pertaining to escorts
- No more than six demerit points
- On driving record at the time of application
- To obtain a copy of your drivers abstract please CLICK HERE
Prerequisite Training & Experience
- Ontario Traffic Manual (Book 7)
- Successful completion of an approved O.T.M Book 7 training course
- Documented proof of two years previous or the equivalent experience in the movement of Oversize/Overweight loads
Proof of all required eligibility criteria must be provided at the start of the course.
Bring Paramount Safety Consulting to you!
Available for groups of 12 and more, Paramount Safety Consulting can provide CSEP Training at your location.
Please contact Paramount Safety Consulting at 905-661-SAFE (7233) for more information and pricing.