Working at Heights
Ministry of Labour Chief Prevention Officer Approved Training Provider
WAH-01 (Full Course)
WAH-02 (Review Course) *NOTE* Proof of WAH-01
The Ministry of Labour has introduced mandatory training requirements for Fall Protection training which came into force April 1, 2015.As you know the terms fall protection includes travel restraint systems, fall restricting systems, fall arrest systems, safety nets and work belts or safety belts, have now been changed to the Working At Heights training.
This course sets out to ensure compliance with the new Working at Heights Training Standard issued by the Ministry of Labour as a result of the Dean panel report. The new standard builds on existing protections in place for those working at heights, establishing a consistent and high quality level of training for workers across the province. It was developed with input from across various sectors that included business, organized labour, health and safety organizations, and other experts.
- Legislative standards, codes, guidelines, policies, procedures, plans.
- Employer, worker and supplier responsibilities/duties under the Occupational Health and Safety Act and Construction Regulations 213/91.
- Develop proper techniques for inspecting the fall protection equipment.
- Discuss Procedures for setting up, relocating, and removing protective equipment such as guardrails and ramps.
- Instructor led demonstrations including hands on training for fall protection equipment.
- Discuss worker responsibilities, accountabilities under (Section 28)
- Discuss worker 3 rights under (Section 43).
- Administer worker theoretical and practical evaluation.
- Worker theoretical evaluation must achieve a minimum of 75% passing grade.
- Worker practical evaluation must achieve 100% passing grade.
Certification & Ministry of Labour Documentation
- Participant receives a registered, laminated training certificate (wallet card)
- Employer receives Record of Training Document & copy of laminated training certificate.
- Training certificate valid for three (3) years from date of issue.
- Registered number assigned to the Working at Heights training certification card.
- Electronic registry, ensures training certificates can be located easily.
Class Room Size – Ministry of Labour WAH training standard requirement
- For classes up to 12 participants, one certified instructor will be provided.
- For classes from 13 to 24 participants, two certified instructors will be provided.
45 Godrich Road, Unit 7C Hamilton, Ontario, L8E4W8
Phone: 905-661-SAFE (7233)
Fax: 905-661-9775 24 Hr Emergency Hotline: 289-527-3197