Transportation of Dangerous Goods Training
Time: 7:45 am-2:00 pm
TDG-01 (Full Course)
TDG-02 (Review Course) *NOTE* Proof of TDG-01
TDG-01 6.0 hours
TDG-02 4.0 hours
This course sets out to ensure compliance to the legislation that governs the Transportation of Dangerous Goods. Participants will focus on specific sections of the Transportation of Dangerous Goods Act and the TDG Regulations. This will include a review of the classification system for dangerous goods, labeling and placarding systems, specific training requirements and a wide range of issues dealing with “dangerous occurrences”. The employers responsibility to protect workers from hazardous spills during the transport of dangerous substances.Transportation Dangerous Goods Act and Regulation Transportation Dangerous Goods safety video Classification and Identifications Marking and Labeling Documentation and Shipping Documents Segregation and Compatibility Groups Exceptions and Exemptions General Safety The TDG Certification Program has been developed in accordance with Transport Canada’s Dangerous Goods Advisory note “Guidelines for Training Criteria for the handling, offering for transport and transporting dangerous goods by road” for the shipping, handling, and transportation of dangerous goods by ground. This course will provide all aspects of the TDG system, to ensure all participants will be trained with a clear understanding of the requirements of the following guidelines: Employees/Workers that Handle Dangerous Goods Providing Transportation of Dangerous Goods Transportation of Dangerous Goods Upon completion, students will be issued a wallet certificate which should be kept on their person at all times. Our comprehensive course will explain in detail what you need to know, emphasize key points and test your knowledge retention. The course has been designed to meet and exceed Transport Canada’s Clear Language Regulations that set the training guidelines for TDG. By completing this course you will obtain the certification required by Transport Canada to transport dangerous goods by ground.
- Legislative standards, codes, guidelines, policies, procedures, plans.
- Employer, worker and supplier responsibilities/duties under the Occupational Health and Safety Act and Construction Regulations 213/91.
- Administer worker theoretical and practical evaluation.
- Worker theoretical evaluation must achieve a minimum of 75% passing grade.
Certification & Ministry of Labour Documentation
- Participant receives a registered, plastic encoded training certificate (wallet card)
- Employer receives Record of Training Document & copy of laminated training certificate.
- Training certificate valid for three (3) years from date of issue.
- Registered number assigned to each training certification card.
- Electronic registry, ensures training certificates can be located easily.
45 Godrich Road, Unit 7C Hamilton, Ontario, L8E4W8
Phone: 905-661-SAFE (7233)
Fax: 905-661-9775 24 Hr Emergency Hotline: 289-527-3197
Toll Free: 1-833-274-PSCI (2774)